Thursday, April 13, 2017
UNI MLC in cooperation with UNI Apro and UA Zensen held a two day workshop for the retail sector Unions under UNICOME Malaysia on 12 and 13 April 2017 in Kuala Lumpur.
This workshop was attended by 40 participants from various retail sector Unions namely Aeon Big Employees Union, Aeon Big Managers Union, Isetan Employees Union, Ikano Handel Employees Union, Aeon Co Employees Union, Robinson Employees Union, Proton Edar Employees Union, and Continental Tyre Employees Union.
Bro. Suffian Unoss, UNI MLC General Secretary gave his welcome speech and This workshop was officially opened by Bro. Christopher Ng, Regional Secretary of UNI Apro.
The workshop was continued with a presentation from Y.Bhg Tuan Ahmad Shukri bin Hj Ali, Director of Jabatan Hal Ehwal Kesatuan Sekerja Selangor dan Wilayah and Puan Nurul Huda binti Rahim, Penolong Pengarah JHEKS.
Among those who presented a presentation to the workshop was:
1. Datuk Mohamed Shafie BP Mammal, President of UNI MLC
2. Bro. A Prem Kumar, Deputy President UNI MLC
3. Bro. V Mathialaghan, Tresurer UNI MLC
4. Bro. Mohd Effendy bin Abdul Ghani, Assistant General Secretary UNI MLC
5. Sis. Alice Chang, Director of UNI Apro Commerce
UNI MLC is very fortunate to have with us and sharing experience from Bro. Yoshio Uchibori, Assistant General Secretary of UA Zensen, Japan and Sis. Hanae Nakano, Director International Affairs UA Zensen.
UNICOME Malaysia was officially formed and the following are the elected leaders:-
1. Bro Mohd Shukri b. Abdul Rahman - Chairman
2. Bro. Zulkarnain b. Arifin - Vice Chairman
3. Bro. Shukor b. Othman - Secretary
4. Sis. Nur Hanis bt. Abdul Rahman - Treasurer
5. Bro. Liew Wei Sheng - Committee Member
6. Sis. Nor Faezah bt. Abdul Jalal - Committee Member
7. Bro. Muhamad Aziziren b. Abdul Rahman - Committee Member
8. Bro. Zulhafiz b. Kamaruzzaman - Committee Member
9. Bro. Najib b. Muhammad - Committee Member
10. Sis. Ruslizah bt. Khalil - Committee Member
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
On 10 April 2017, UNI MLC and UNI Apro had a solidarity meeting with 2 Unions in Genting Highlands namely; Resort World Berhad Executive Union and Genting Malaysia Berhad Workers Union.
The attendees of the meeting was:
- Bro. Christopher Ng, Regional Secretary of UNI Apro
- Datuk Mohamed Shafie BP Mammal - President UNI MLC
- Sis. Michelle Bellino - Director for UNI Apro Youth and Coordinator for MEI, Gaming and ASEAN activities
- Sis. Alice Chang - Director of UNI Apro Commerce
- Bro. Kenneth Ng - General Secretary of Resort World Executive Union represented the Union
- Bro. Sri Paranitharan - General Secretary of Genting Malaysia Berhad Workers Union represented the Union
UNI Apro and UNI MLC also had the opportunity to meet with Mr. Aaron Chia Khong Chid, Executive Vice President at Resorts World Genting.
Posted by UNI Malaysia Labour Centre at 12:44 AM
Monday, April 10, 2017
Sis. Michelle Bellino appointed as UNI APRO Director for Youth and Coordinator for MEI, Gaming and ASEAN Activities
Michelle Belino has been appointed as the UNI APRO Director for Youth and Coordinator for MEI, Gaming and ASEAN Activities. She was the former President of UNI APRO Youth for nearly two terms and with her active trade union involvement, she decided to join UNI APRO as Director. She will work closely to all the affiliates and young trade unionists in the Region and will continue to strengthen the sectors she handles in.
Posted by UNI Malaysia Labour Centre at 11:31 AM
On 10 April 2017, Bro Christopher Ng, Regional Secretary of UNI Apro together with Sis. Michelle Bellino, Director of UNI Apro Youth and Coordinator for MEI, UNI Gaming and Asean Activities and Sis. Alice Chang, Director of UNI Apro Commerce visited UNI MLC for a meeting with Datuk Mohamed Shafie, President of UNI MLC.
Posted by UNI Malaysia Labour Centre at 11:26 AM
Sunday, April 9, 2017
The Regional Evaluation/Planning Meeting of U2U Project "Building Strategic Power in MNCs in the Graphical and Packaging Sector" was held in Jakarta, Indonesia on the 8-9 April 2017.
The purpose of this meeting was to evaluate the U2U Project in the Graphical and Packaging sector in the year 2014-2016 and to discuss the strategic plans and priorities of Unions in this sector for the year 2017.
Among those who participated in this meeting was Bro. Javier Charles, Head of UNI Graphical and Packaging, Sis. Lorraine Cassin, President UNI Apro Graphical and Packaging, Bro. Rajendra Acharya, Assistant Regional Secretary of UNI Apro, Datuk Mohamed Shafie BP Mammal, President of UNI MLC, Dr. Kun Wardana Abyoto, Director of UNI Apro ICTS, Sis. Mirah Sumirat, President of ASPEK Indonesia and Bro Somboon Subsarn, Director of UNI DOC Thailand
Posted by UNI Malaysia Labour Centre at 11:16 AM
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Brother Shafie made a young leader during his recent visit to Jakarta well known as Azan. They had a very meaningful discussion on the current labour situations in Jakarta.
Meanwhile, Brother Shafie also met with Brother Jakwan, President of Hero Supermarket in Jakarta. They also had a fruitful discussion on upcoming labour movements in Jakarta.
Posted by UNI Malaysia Labour Centre at 4:29 PM
Friday, April 7, 2017
A UNI MEI Workshop for Media Sector Unions in Malaysia was held on 6 & 7 April 2017 in Kuala Lumpur.
This workshop was participated by almost 40 participants from the various Media Unions in Malaysia namely:
1. Kesatuan Sekerja Kakitangan Sistem Televisyen Malaysia Berhad
2. TV3 Executive Union
3. Primeworks Studio Executive Union
4. Astro Productions Employees Union
5. Astro Productions Executive Union
6. Al Hijrah Executive Union
7. Bernama Union
8. Portal Creative Association
9. Writers Association Malaysia
10. ASFON Negeri Sembilan
The workshop was officially opened by UNI-MLC President, Y.Bhg Datuk Mohamed Shafie BP Mammal followed by welcome address by UNI Apro Regional Secretary, Bro Christopher Ng. Also present to give his welcome greetings was UNI Apro MEI President Bro. Masatoshi Nakamura and the introduction of the workshop was done by the Head of UNI Global Union-MEI, Bro. Johannes Studinger.
This workshop was also attended by Sis. Michelle Bellino, Director for Youth Activities and Coordinator for UNI Apro MEI, Bro. Rajendra Acharya, Director of UNI Apro Trade Union Development, Sis. Yoko Ogawa, Director of UNI Apro Equal Opportunities and Sis. Alice Chang, Director of UNI Apro Commerce, Bro. Shankar Lamichanne, President of UNI Nepal Liaison Council.
During the workshop, the participants discussed and presented their discussions in working groups with the focus on the following areas:
1. Reports on State of Union Growth and Representation
2. Strategic Planning for Union Growth
Day 2 of the workshop was kicked off with a presentation on "Annual Returns to the Registrar of Trade Unions" by Y.Bhg Tuan Ahmad Shukri bin Hj Ali, Director of Department of Trade Union Affairs, Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia followed by a Q&A session between the speaker and participants.
President of UNI MEI Malaysia, Bro. Khairuzzaman Hj. Mohammad presented a paper on Union to Union Cooperation in the Media Sector.
The workshop ended with Reports back form Working Groups, Discussion of Working Group Reports and Plans on Going Forward: Action plan for UNI MEI Malaysia 2017-2018.
Posted by UNI Malaysia Labour Centre at 2:35 PM